For some reason, you delete your Outlook Email account but you still want to keep the previously used Email. But you don’t know how to do that, this article will show you how to delete an account but keep an email with the file Save the original data on Outlook. This method will guide you to remove an email account from Microsoft Outlook, but keep all items of this email account in Microsoft Outlook.
>>>> See more: How To Delete – Close The Email Outlook Account.
Delete Outlook Account But Keep Email With File Initial Data Save.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box.
- In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Account settings.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click File > Information > Account settings > Account settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box.
- Click to “E-mail” redirection.
- Click to mark the email account you will delete;
- Click “Cancel” button.
- Click “Close” at the bottom to exit the dialog box.
Step 3: Now you return to the main interface of Outlook.
- In Outlook 2007 and 2010, please click File > Open > Outlook Data File.
- In Outlook 2013, please click File > Open and export > Open Outlook data file.
Step 4: In the Open Outlook Data File dialog box, find the data file you will open, click to mark it, and then click “Open” button.
Note: It will open the default folder that Microsoft Outlook saves .pst files in. If you have previously specified the location of the .pst file, go to the specified location to get the .pst file.
- This method only works with .pst files.
With these simple steps you can delete your Outlook account but still keep the necessary Email file. Wish you are succesful!